I think some people forget how important it is to make the most out of your mornings. Yeah, sometimes we are groggy and don’t feel like leaving the bed. But are we speaking the things that we want into existence? Are we constantly telling ourselves to go out and go get it today? How many of us can really say that we are a morning person? I mean I am but I’m also a night person as well. I’m most productive in the wee hours of the morning thou, I’m talking 3 am to 7 am. Well, most people consider me a morning person because I smile ALL the time but that’s just how I am. I’m smiley in the morning and at night but I always make sure to practice my morning routine! It helps my morning become way better and it sets me up to have a great day!
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS THAT EARN ME A SMALL COMMISSION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I PERSONALLY USE AND LOVE, OR THINK MY READERS WILL FIND USEFUL. PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR MORE DETAILS.
What Is A Morning Routine
A morning routine is when you perform a special set of actions in the morning regularly. These set of actions are to be followed every morning rather than maybe one morning out of the month. Most people have morning routines because it helps them be more productive, positive, and helps them get they life when some days it’s just hard to get out of bed. My morning routine has definitely helped me become more positive and believe in myself. It helps me stay motivated by seeing and speaking what I want in life and using that motivation to keep me in high spirits for the rest of the day.
Why You Need A Morning Routine
Ah okay, now the fun part! Just know you NEED a morning routine. Did that help? Nah that didn’t I know, I know. The benefits of having a morning routine really are endless. First and foremost it sets your day up for success. It helps you bring peace of mind, put you at ease, and in a happy mood to get your day started. Your productivity will definitely be impacted because even if you just complete your morning routine for the day, you were being productive.
It allows you to review and go over your goals. When you see and recite your goals, dreams, and aspirations every day that’s really you bringing them to life. This lets you know that you can achieve anything you set your mind to. So, having a morning routine is very essential especially if you plan on having a successful life. Below I listed my morning routine that I do faithfully every day.
My Personal Morning Routine
This routine below is something I do EVERY morning! Now in my second list below I include those into my mornings when I have the time, mostly on weekends. But this, this right here is what I do every morning nonstop since…I can’t even remember so yes that long! This is Tay’s way of Starting the Day!
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
- Drink Water– Okay so some people call me the water drinking queen and I mean I know why, I’m always drinking water! First thing in the morning I am trying to drink down my first 32 oz bottle of water to start my day. This is great for your body, giving your organs that flush they need and preparing your body for the day. Because your body has been working hard all night while you were sleeping so now it’s time to give it what it needs! And first things first that should be water.
- Listen To Music– This is personally my fave! I get up in the morning and I blast my music because it gets me pumped and hyped to start my day! I always wake up with a song in mind because that’s how I’m feeling and that’s the way I want my day to go. It can be one lyric of a song that will make me feel like damn I have to go get it today! I just have to! And that’s the kind of motivation you need to start the day!
- Eat Breakfast– I always make it a priority to eat breakfast no matter what! Whether it’s just a banana and muffin or a full blown out meal for breakfast! I
always alwaysmake sure I have it. I know that you hear this a lot but it really is the most important meal of the day! You don’t want to starve your body until lunch time or even worse linner! You know when it’s not lunch but too early for dinner! Yup, you got it!
- Take Daily Vitamins– I need my vitamins because without them my skin will be looking dull, I would have no energy, and then I would be getting sick all the time. I take my vitamins every morning and you should too! It’s good to get yourself on a schedule with vitamins because we always forget to take them! I always take a Vitamin C, Iron, and Vitamin E pill every morning.
- Be Thankful– Last but not least please always be thankful! I get up and I’m just so happy and full of gratitude to be here on this earth another day! I’m happy that I was given another day of life to see my family and friends and go after what I want. Being thankful brings you peace and calmness. I have always read that when you are happy with where you are and what you have, everything that you have wanted will come into your life because you were already grateful for what you had!
Morning Routines That Can Be Put Into Your Normal Routine
- Meditation– There are different types of meditation but they are all able to calm both the mind and body. This is great for anyone dealing with Anxiety-like me because our bodies go into like a shock panic obsessive mode. And meditation is able to organize our thoughts by allowing us to see and think more clearly. Bringing a state of peace, relaxation, and tranquility. The benefits for meditation are endless leaving you with a decrease in stress, blood pressure, anxiety, and an increase in positivity.
- Workout– My fave is working out! When I come from a workout it’s like I get this high, like a feeling that I can’t explain. Sometimes I just go for the feeling! Knowing that I can be at the gym going as hard as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can is amazing. I tell people all the time that sometimes I’m not working out for my body. Sometimes I work out for my mind! I workout to relieve stress and so I won’t go bat sh*t cray cray when something as small as my fries being cold might push me over the edge! Working out will make you feel happier, help with mental health, increase your energy levels, and improve your sleep quality.
- Journaling– I love to write in my journal! I’m such a big advocate about it! My friends will be like I have a lot going on or I’m kinda depressed. And guess what I’ll say “Do you have a journal? You should write in it”! I haven’t written in my journal in about a month but I am going to start back up again. I feel as if it’s like going to a therapist and just letting it all out! What you been going through, what you have been facing, and then when you see it on paper it’s not that bad anymore. It’s kind of like you unloaded and got rid of that weight you been carrying around. Even if you don’t like to write, try writing for 5 or 10 minutes, it really can make all the difference.
- Visualization– This is something that is very new to me! I have recently started visualization because of course sometimes doubts set in and you’re like I’m crazy to even think that can happen! But you are so wrong, visualization is a great way to help you reach your full potential. It helps you clearly define your goals and know exactly what you want! It is good to visualize right down to the details as well. Like for example, you want to start your own business and now you imagine a day in the life with your business. What did you say, what did you eat, what did you wear, it’s good to get very specific! Down to the detail’s girl! We going to make these visualizations come to real life!
- Create A To Do List– List, list, list, oh yeah and more list! I am the list queen because I feel like it’s so much energy trying to remember everything that you have to do in a day, week, or month. I always thought list were for old people but little did I know it’s for SUCCESSFUL people. My list keeps me going and it feels so good checking off one task at a time! It makes you feel productive and like you accomplished what you needed to! A list can also organize your mind because of course now more than ever we run around because we are so busy and think we have so much to do. But when we write it all down on paper or in the notes section in our phone, it doesn’t look as bad anymore. It doesn’t seem as scary as it did in our minds.
- Work On The Side Hustle– A lot of people work on their side hustles in the morning because they just can’t after work. I know for instance they might have to cook, or help an elderly parent, or have kids to tend to at night so the morning is their best “free time” to work on their side hustle. As for me, I get up way too early to try and blog. I’m up at about 4:30 – 4:45 AM every morning. I know *cringe*. But this can give you time to get
certaintask for your side hustle out of the way to free up your afternoon and evenings.
- Read A book– Currently, I am reading Becoming by Michelle Obama and let me tell you “there ain’t no time” and every day I look at it like “I should be reading not looking”. But I included this routine on the weekends because we all want to read like 3 to 4 books a month, right? *crickets* Reading relaxes me and takes me to that special getaway place. This is great for starting off your mornings because who wants to start their mornings anxious and grumpy? Not I, so reading definitely sets the mood for what kind of day you will have.
- Stretch–Everyone loves a good stretch and most of us don’t do this often. For me, I will simply sit on the floor and begin stretching for at least 15-20 minutes. This is a great way to wake your body up and get your muscles ready for the day. Sometimes those aches and pains we feel are simply because we are not stretching our muscles and they get tangled and jammed. That’s why it’s good to relax and stretch it out!
- Positive Affirmations– I
loveeeepositive affirmations! They do the mind and body so good! When you are constantly telling yourself all of the positive and good that can happen, it starts to ACTUALLY happen. It’s like you’re putting it out there in the universe what you want and the universe is like okay cool let me send it back to you 10 times more. Just a simple you are going to have a great day today can make all of the difference. It also helps to retrain your brain to bring in more positivity and to block out all of that bad negativity. Start saying those positive affirmations girl!
Say 5 Positive Things About Yourself
Last but not least, end your morning routine on a very positive note no matter what! Saying 5 positive things about yourself will only reinforce all the good that is meant to come to you. And it doesn’t have to be something super deep either, believe me, I wondered about that same question too! But no, it can be something as simple as “Wow my skin is glowing today” or “My hair finally decided to act right”. You know those simple things that help us have a brighter day! Let me know in the comments what your morning routine is like and if you have found any that’s interesting on the list!